Thursday, July 5, 2012

Photography Idols: Nirrimi & DigitalPimp


There are some really young talented photographers down under and one of them is 19 year old Nirrimi Firebrace. As well as a very good photographer, she also is a good writer. She maintains a blog (see below) and she recently had a baby that she documented on her blog of course accompanied by wonderful photos. She was able to travel to the US for a campaign and recently Europe for another campaign. She's mostly shoots fashion and portraits but sometimes a slice of life.

What I like with her photos are the simplicity of each photo, the vintage feel, the beauty of the subjects perfectly captured, her ability to see beautiful light and the feeling I get when I look at her photos. It's calming in a way because the colors and facial expressions just works for me. Here are some of her latest photos from her blog. Visit her blog, bigger photos does make a difference when you look at them.

Nirrimi Firebrace 
(Australia)






____

Nathan Hayag, also known as digitalpimp, has a couple of threads in Pipho forum titled Everyday People and Everyday Places that he maintains. Both started on 2009 and now has a lot pages worth of fantastic photos! He's also friendly and gives advices to forumers who asks about his photos. Let me concentrate on his Everyday People photos. As the title suggests, they are mostly street photos of people. His works are mostly from other countries like Singapore and Malaysia. I'm not sure if he is associated to a photography group or works solo as well as what his forte is but he takes very beautiful landscape and street photos.

What I like about his photos are his compositions, wonderful realistic colors as well as his artistic take on some of his street photos, just like the first photographer I mentioned, his eye for amazing light. Some people I see post process their photos too much for my taste. His are just right and that "just right" touch is perfect! Here are some of his photos from his Flickr stream.

Nathan Hayag 
(Philippines, Singapore)





I hope you guys saw what I saw in the photos from these photographers and why I like them. I suggest you guys follow their Twitter streams.


1 comments:

I've seen some of Digitalpimp's photos at a gallery in Barcelona. Great stuff!

Post a Comment